9. What if I am not satisfied with the results of the investigation?

If you are not satisfied with the results of the investigation, you may submit a verbal or written appeal within 10 days of your receipt of the findings. Your appeal should detail the reasons you believe the findings to be in error. You will receive a response within 5 days of the day you submit your appeal.

Your appeal should be directed to the ODAC.

If you are not satisfied with the results of the appeal, you may file a complaint with the appropriate agency or department of the State or Federal government. Contact the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights, or the California Department of Justice Civil Rights Division for information about how to file a complaint with these agencies. You may also sue the University in federal court.

Using this grievance procedure is not a prerequisite to pursuing any of your other remedies.

However, in the interest of a prompt resolution of alleged discrimination, the University encourages you to use this procedure in addition to any other available remedies you may choose.