This section examines accessibility in the context of physical education and athletic facilities.
1. Confirm that adaptive equipment is available for persons with disabilities.
- Create a list of the available adaptive equipment and add it to the Inclusive Recreation page
2. Confirm facilities have been evaluated or surveyed by a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) and, if so, what recommendations were made regarding readily achievable barrier removal and/or recommended changes to those built environments.
- Campus was assessed by CASps as part of our 2020-2021 ADA Transition Plan. Contact Ben Perez to discuss the Facility Accessibility Report.
3. Ensure your programming includes opportunities for disabled people to participate.
- Campus has collaborated on development of accessible recreational programming. Contact Derek Coates if you believe there may be remaining access barriers in your programming.