Recommendations & Resources
Welcome to our webpage with resources in support of the ADA Title 2 Self-Evaluation. The Self-Evaluation survey was distributed to each of 40 university units. The responses were used to create workplans for each unit to address any challenges or barriers to access for disabled people. The sections below mirror the categories in the survey and work plans. Each campus unit has a folder with their report, the original survey questions and answers, and their work plan. For each section, there is:
- a brief description;
- a list of recommendations made for that section (with interpretive and contextual information, where appropriate); and
- a list of actions to take or resources to review - including trainings- to satisfy that workplan section's recommendation(s).
A few notes before you dive in:
- We recommend starting with the IT section because the recommendations and tasks/trainings to meet those recommendations are the same as same tasks/trainings that are recommendated by IT generally, esp for public facing websites.
- Please notify the UC Berkeley Programmatic Access Project Manager with any questions regarding the actions or resources, or if you encounter disability access barriers. Equal access is a top priority at every step.
- All training needs to be tracked. Your department is responsible for maintaining records of which staff received training and the area(s) in which they were trained. Here is a training tracker(link is external); please use this or any other tool if it helps you, then enter the information into column 'I' on your work plan.
- This is a slide deck on this process(link is external).