All Buildings

All campus buildings are child topics of this tag.

Latimer Hall

Built 1963. Named for Wendell Latimer, dean of the College of Chemistry in the 1940s, the building contains chemistry labs and classrooms. On the plaza southwest of Latimer Hall is a cupola, all that remains of the original chemistry building on campus.

Building Details

Floors: 11

Accessible entrances: The breezeway entrance to the building has usable entrances on both the north and south side of the facility.

Restrooms: There is a set of...

Architects & Engineers (A&E)

Built in 1929. Originally the Buildings & Grounds building, it was designed by W.P. Stephenson. It now houses the campus planning staff.

Building Details

[under construction]

Archaeological Research Facility

Located at 2251 College, the Archaeological Research Facility once housed Zeta Psi, the oldest fraternity west of the Misissippi River.

Building Details

[under construction]

Anna Head Alumnae Hall

Anna Head Alumnae Hall was built as an assembly hall in 1927 and covers approximately 6,500 square feet of the larger Anna Head School Complex, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located at 2537 Haste Street, it seats up to 160.

Social Sciences Building (SSB)

Built 1964. Formerly named Barrows Hall for David Prescott Barrows, political science professor and president of the university from 1919-23. This building was de-named in recognition of UC Berkeley's commitment to social justice and equity.

Building Information

Floors: 10
Accessible entrances: Four Automatic entrances located on the Ground floor. Three are located on East and West corners of the building, while the fourth is accessed via a ramp on the north side courtyard.

Restrooms:
...

Haas School of Business

Built 1995 & 2018. The Haas School is a mini-campus of four buildings set around a central courtyard. Two classrooms buildings — Cheit Hall and Chou Hall — house lecture halls, flexible classrooms, seminar rooms featuring or state-of-the-art technology. The Haas campus also includes a computer lab, career management center, several event spaces, Think Cafe, and a business library. The first three buildings — the Student Services Building, the Gerson Bakar Faculty Building, and Cheit Hall — were designed by Charles Moore and opened in 1995. Chou Hall was completed in 2018 to focus...

Alumni House

Built with funds from thousands of alumni donations, this contemporary structure along the banks of Strawberry Creek is a meeting place for alumni revisiting campus and headquarters for the California Alumni Assocation.

Building Details

[under construction]

Bauer Wurster Hall

Built 1964. Although home to Berkeley's architecture department, Bauer Wurster is often voted Berkeley's ugliest building for its Brutalist, bare concrete appearance. But some of the "ugliness" is a result of functionality, like the concrete sunshades over windows to minimize energy costs. It was named for William Wurster, dean of the School of Architecture and its successor, the College of Environmental Design (1950-62), and his wife, lecturer Catherine Bauer Wurster.

Building Details

Floors: 11

...

Bowles Hall

Built 1929. The first residence hall on campus, this medieval mansion, designed by George Kelham, has a long history of pranks, rites, and other traditions that have set "Bowlesmen" apart on an already nonconformist campus. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.

Building Details

[under construction]

Clark Kerr Campus

Built 1949. Built in 1949 as the California Schools for the Deaf and Blind; became the Clark Kerr Campus in 1986, named in honor of Berkeley's first chancellor. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

Building Details

[under construction]