All Buildings

All campus buildings are child topics of this tag.

O'Brien Hall

Built 1959. Morrough O'Brien spent two decades as an engineering professor before serving as dean of the College of Engineering from 1948-59. O'Brien Hall houses environmental engineering and the Water Resources Center Archives.

Building Details

Floors: 6

Accessible entrances: The main entrance is located on the east side in the O'Brien Breezeway. This entrance provides automatic openers and push plates.

Restrooms: One multiple user...

Edwards Stadium

Building Details

Floors: 1

Year built: 1932

Accessible entrances: The accessible entrance is located on the south side of the field.

Restrooms: There are no permanent accessible restrooms. Accessible porta-potties are frequently brought in for events.

Accessibility features: Three accessible pay phones.

South Hall

Built 1873. The oldest structure on campus, and the only surviving building of the original university nucleus, South Hall was the original home of the College of Agriculture. It once had a near twin, North Hall, situated where the Bancroft Library stands today. The brick structure, designed by Scottish architect David Farquharson, is a rare and distinguished example of the Second Empire style. Over the course of its long history, South Hall has hosted the first physics lab in America (1879), the business school, a temporary museum for the state geological survey, and the persistent...

Tang Center

Built 1993. A major gift from Hong Kong businessman Jack C.C. Tang, two of whose daughters graduated from Berkeley, helped fund this center for student health care. Among the services available are acute care, radiology, a pharmacy, an optometry clinic, and various counseling services.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: Two main entrances on the ground floor have automatic openers and push pads. The south facing entrance opens to Tang lot while the north facing...

Genetics & Plant Biology

Built 1990. One of four circa-1990 building projects aimed at revitalizing the biological sciences on the Berkeley campus, this building houses classrooms, laboratories, and office space.

Building Details

Floors: 3

Accessible entrances: The first floor has four separate buildings that contain classrooms. The doors to the classrooms are usable but do not automatic openers.

Restrooms: Usable restrooms are located on the first floor....

Starr East Asian Library

Built 2008. Berkeley’s vast collection of East Asian manuscripts and artifacts -- assembled over the past century -- is housed in this library, the first freestanding structure at a U.S. university erected solely for East Asian collections. The library is home to more than 900,000 volumes, primarily in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, plus thousands of manuscripts, rubbings, and the largest and most valuable collection of historic Japanese maps outside of Japan. It is also the largest U.S. academic repository of materials on the People's Republic of China. It is named for the late...

Dwight Way Child Development Center (2427 Dwight)

Building Details

Floors: 1

Year built: 1953

Accessible entrances: There is one accessible entrance located on the east side of the building.

Restrooms: No Public Restroom

Donner Laboratory

Built 1942. The lab was funded by William H. Donner, president of the Donner Steel Corp., who donated money to the university for work in nuclear medicine following his son's death from cancer. The Donner Lab was the world's first center for research in the uses of atomic energy in biology and medicine.

Building Details

Floors: 5

Accessible entrances: There are two accessible entrances. The first is from the east accessible from the Gayley Road. The second is located on the...

Cory Hall

Built 1950. Named for Clarence L. Cory, dean of the College of Mechanics and a faculty member for almost 40 years, Cory had a fifth floor added in 1985, the exterior of which features a computer chip-inspired design motif. The building houses a state-of-the-art electronic micro-fabrication facility and labs devoted to integrated circuits, lasers, and robotics. Cory has the dubious distinction of being the only site bombed twice by "Unabomber" Theodore Kaczynski in the 1980s.

Building Details

Floors: 9...

California Memorial Stadium

Built 1923. Designed by John Galen Howard (although he had advised against the location, directly over the Hayward Fault and in the midst of a bird and wildlife sanctuary), the stadium opened in time for Cal to defeat Stanford there in the 1923 Big Game. It is a tribute to students killed in World War I. The stadium, sited at the mouth of Strawberry Canyon and modeled after the Coliseum in Rome, has one of the most breathtaking views in American sports.

Building Details

[under construction]