All Buildings

All campus buildings are child topics of this tag.

Berkeley Law Building

Built 1966. Originally the name of Durant Hall, which housed the law school before it moved to the southeast corner of campus. Elizabeth Joyce Boalt gave $100,000 in memory of her husband, Judge John Henry Boalt, and 40 state lawyers and judges contributed to make it the "best law school west of the Rockies."

Building Details

Floors: 11

Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive

Built 2016. BAMPFA is the visual arts center of UC Berkeley. Its mission is to inspire the imagination and ignite critical dialogue through art and film. Founded in 1963, the institution opened the doors to its current home designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in January 2016.

Building Details

[under construction]

Bechtel Engineering Center

Built 1980. Named for Stephen D. Bechtel, who attended Berkeley before taking the reins of the Bechtel engineering empire. It houses the Kresge Engineering Library, Sibley Auditorium, and student and interdisciplinary studies offices.

Building Details

Floors: 3

Accessible entrances: The main entrance on the level one enters at grade but does not provide an automatic opener. The level 2 south entrance does provide an opener.

Cheit Hall

Built 1995. Located within the Haas School of Business.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: There are two accessible entrances. The first floor entrance is on the west side and the second floor entrance is located on the east side of the building.

Restrooms: All restrooms in the building are usable.

Calvin Laboratory

Built 1964. Melvin Calvin, molecular biology professor, won the 1961 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his work on photosynthesis. He designed a round lab so that everyone's office would open onto a central room, thus generating creative interaction.

Building Details

[under construction]

Barrows Hall

Built 1964. Named for David Prescott Barrows, political science professor and president of the university from 1919-23.

Barker Hall

Built 1964. Designed by William Wurster and named for Horace Albert Barker, a biochemist specializing in metabolism.

Building Details

[under construction]

Bancroft Library

Built 1949. Home to many of the university Library's special collections, including one of the largest collections of Western Americana, the library was founded with Hubert Howe Bancroft's 19th century gift of his extensive library of California and Western history. The Bancroft also includes the Mark Twain Papers, the Regional Oral History Office, the University of California Archives, and other collections and artifacts.

Archaeological Research Facility

Located at 2251 College, the Archaeological Research Facility once housed Zeta Psi, the oldest fraternity west of the Misissippi River.

Building Details

[under construction]