Located at 2195 Hearst Ave, this high-tech building is home to several units of the campus’s Information Services and Technology unit, a central facility for campus IT and computing. The building provides a stable and secure home for much of the campus's data infrastructure. It was named in 2008 for the late Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court Earl Warren -- a Berkeley graduate and former California governor -- after the demolition of the original Warren Hall, which was located on a nearby site.
The Center for Southeast Asia Studies is one of the oldest and most prominent academic centers concerned with Southeast Asia in the United States. CSEAS functions as an administrative base to promote attention at UC Berkeley to the countries and peoples of Southeast Asia and to encourage the growth of Southeast Asian Studies on campus.
Built 1914. Popularly known as the Campanile, the 307-foot tower is named for Jane K. Sather, designed by John Galen Howard, and built at a cost of $250,000. Its nickname derives from its resemblance to St. Mark's Campanile in Venice. The 61 bells in the carillon are played three times daily, except during exams. The four clocks, the largest in California, have 17-foot hands made of Sitka spruce and numerals of bronze. Because of the consistent temperatures on its lower floors, the Campanile also houses many of the paleontology museum's fossils.
Built 1904. Designed by John Galen Howard and originally a steam plant before being moved to its present site, the building is destined to be restored as an intimate musical performance and rehearsal space. The exterior is noted for its WPA mosaic murals depicting stret musicians and artisans.
Built 1931. Named for Bernard Moses, history professor from 1876-1930. The George Kelham-designed building started life as Eshleman Hall, home of the Daily Cal, before it was sold to the Regents in 1959 and renamed.
Accessible entrances: There is a usable entrance located on the east side of the first floor.
Built 1978. Completed in 1978, the building is a modernist concrete structure with woodbeam trim and substantial window bays providing an emphasis on open views. Minor Addition is home to the School of Optometry clinics, including the Meredith W. Morgan University Eye Center (Clinic), as well as administrative/staff rooms, and research laboratories and faculty offices.