Built 1917. Daniel Coit Gilman was a geology professor at Yale who became the University of California's second president (1872-75) before going on to found the Johns Hopkins University. The building was designed by John Galen Howard. Room 307, where plutonium was discovered in 1941, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1966.
Built 1903. Designed by distinguished local architect Bernard Maybeck, this rustic Arts and Crafts structure provides dining facilities for faculty members and guests, and temporary residential quarters for visiting professors, members and their guests. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
Built 1992. Across the street from the Unit 3 high-rise residence halls, Cleary Hall is home to two of the campus's residence hall theme programs: Casa Magdalena Mora for Chicano/Latino studies, and the Asian Pacific American theme program. It is named for prize-winning children's book author (and Cal alum) Beverly Cleary.
Built 1949. Built in 1949 as the California Schools for the Deaf and Blind; became the Clark Kerr Campus in 1986, named in honor of Berkeley's first chancellor. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.