Built 2010. The Blum Center’s home is a 22,000 square foot complex completed in 2010. The complex comprises the renovated Naval Architecture Building (designed by John Galen Howard and built in 1914), a new three-story wing and terraces, bridges and plazas connecting the complex to the College of Engineering's Sutardja Dai Hall. The center is a hub for anti-poverty innovation and is named for Richard C. Blum. The center supports faculty research aimed at creating lasting change for the poor around the world.