Built 1917. Designed by John Galen Howard, this was one of the first campus buildings to acknowledge the city of Berkeley (by attempting to face both inward and outward at the same time). It was named for Eugene Hilgard, an agriculture professor who founded the University Agricultural Experimental Station. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
Accessible entrances: The usable entrance is located on the east side at the bottom of a steep exterior ramp. This entrance has an automatic opener.
Restrooms: Multiple user restrooms are located on both the basement and the third level, but none provides stalls with grab bars. Location: Basement Level: left from center east entrance Third Level: Center south of building.
Designated waiting area: The Designated Waiting Areas are located in bathroom next to centrally located elevator.
Emergency evacuation cabinet: E: The emergency evacuation cabinet is located directly across the elevator on the basement level.