Library

Haas School of Business

Built 1995 & 2018. The Haas School is a mini-campus of four buildings set around a central courtyard. Two classrooms buildings — Cheit Hall and Chou Hall — house lecture halls, flexible classrooms, seminar rooms featuring or state-of-the-art technology. The Haas campus also includes a computer lab, career management center, several event spaces, Think Cafe, and a business library. The first three buildings — the Student Services Building, the Gerson Bakar Faculty Building, and Cheit Hall — were designed by Charles Moore and opened in 1995. Chou Hall was completed in 2018 to focus...

Moffitt Library

Built 1970. Moffitt Library offers a 24 hour environment for individual and group study space, plus course reserves, a makerspace, campus classrooms, and convenient access to the research collections in the Gardner (MAIN) Stacks. FSM Cafe in Moffitt is open to all visitors; library access is limited to UC Berkeley students and faculty.

Building Details

Floors: 5

Accessible entrances: The main entrance (also the only exterior entrance) is located on level three...

Valley Life Sciences Building

Built 1930. Named not for its location but for Wayne and Gladys Valley, who contributed toward the vast building's major renovation in the early 1990s. The largest building in Berkeley (and the largest concrete building west of the Mississippi) when it was built in 1930, it remains the biggest building on campus, at over 400,000 square feet. Original exterior decorations from the George Kelham design include animal-shaped ornaments and the names of eight life science disciplines. Inside highlights include a giant T-Rex skeleton fronting the Museum of Paleontology....

North Gate Hall

Built 1906. This John Galen Howard building originally housed the School of Architecture and was affectionately called "the Ark." Added to the National Register if Historic Places in 1982.

Building Details

[under construction]

Wurster Hall

Built 1964. Although home to Berkeley's architecture department, Wurster is often voted Berkeley's ugliest building for its Brutalist, bare concrete appearance. But some of the "ugliness" is a result of functionality, like the concrete sunshades over windows to minimize energy costs. It was named for William Wurster, dean of the School of Architecture and its successor, the College of Environmental Design (1950-62), and his wife, lecturer Catherine Bauer Wurster.

Building Details

Floors: 11

...