Offices

Blum Hall

Built 2010. The Blum Center’s home is a 22,000 square foot complex completed in 2010. The complex comprises the renovated Naval Architecture Building (designed by John Galen Howard and built in 1914), a new three-story wing and terraces, bridges and plazas connecting the complex to the College of Engineering's Sutardja Dai Hall. The center is a hub for anti-poverty innovation and is named for Richard C. Blum. The center supports faculty research aimed at creating lasting change for the poor around the world.

Building Details

[under...

Berkeley Way West

Built 2018.

Building Details

[under construction]

Berkeley Law Building

Built 1966. Originally the name of Durant Hall, which housed the law school before it moved to the southeast corner of campus. Elizabeth Joyce Boalt gave $100,000 in memory of her husband, Judge John Henry Boalt, and 40 state lawyers and judges contributed to make it the "best law school west of the Rockies."

Building Details

Floors: 11

Accessible entrances: The basement floor on the west side of the building has an automatic door. The first floor entrance...

Bechtel Engineering Center

Built 1980. Named for Stephen D. Bechtel, who attended Berkeley before taking the reins of the Bechtel engineering empire. It houses the Kresge Engineering Library, Sibley Auditorium, and student and interdisciplinary studies offices.

Building Details

Floors: 3

Accessible entrances: The main entrance on the level one enters at grade but does not provide an automatic opener. The level 2 south entrance does provide an opener.

...

Barrows Hall

Built 1964. Named for David Prescott Barrows, political science professor and president of the university from 1919-23.

Building Information

Floors: 10
Accessible entrances: Four Automatic entrances located on the Ground floor. Three are located on East and West corners of the building, while the fourth is accessed via a ramp on the north side courtyard.

Restrooms: There are usable restrooms on the basement, first and second floors.

Designated waiting area: The
...

Barker Hall

Built 1964. Designed by William Wurster and named for Horace Albert Barker, a biochemist specializing in metabolism.

Building Details

[under construction]

Archaeological Research Facility

Located at 2251 College, the Archaeological Research Facility once housed Zeta Psi, the oldest fraternity west of the Misissippi River.

Building Details

[under construction]

2240 Piedmont Ave.

Center for the Study of Law and Society, Legal Studies undergraduate major department, Jurisprudence and Social Policy PhD program

Building Details

[under construction]

2224 Piedmont Ave.

Built 1909. Center for Digital Archaeology

Building Details

[under construction]

Cesar E. Chavez Student Center

Built 1960. Named in honor of the charismatic founding president of the farm workers' union. The building was once mainly a dining commons and lounge, but in 1990 it was renovated to house various student services.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: There is an Automatic door on the basement level from MLK Student Union Garage. An automatic opener is provided on the basement level. The main entrance from Lower Sproul Plaza on level one provides...