Offices

Center for Latin American Studies (2334 Bowditch)

Built 1920.

Building Details

Floors: 2

Accessible entrances: There is an accessible entrance at the main door.

Restrooms: There is a accessible single user restroom.

Warren Hall (2195 Hearst Ave.)

Located at 2195 Hearst Ave, this high-tech building is home to several units of the campus’s Information Services and Technology unit, a central facility for campus IT and computing. The building provides a stable and secure home for much of the campus's data infrastructure. It was named in 2008 for the late Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court Earl Warren -- a Berkeley graduate and former California governor -- after the demolition of the original Warren Hall, which was located on a nearby site.

Building Details

...

Oxford Research Unit

Building Details

[under construction]

Office of Public Affairs

Built 1974. A bike shop and a bank in former lives; now home to the Berkeleyan newspaper, web NewsCenter, Media Relations, and other communications operations.

Building Details

[under construction]

Moses Hall

Built 1931. Named for Bernard Moses, history professor from 1876-1930. The George Kelham-designed building started life as Eshleman Hall, home of the Daily Cal, before it was sold to the Regents in 1959 and renamed.

Building Details

Floors: 6

Accessible entrances: There is a usable entrance located on the east side of the first floor.

Restrooms: The only usable restrooms are on the first floor. Location: First Floor: one across the hall...

Minor Hall Addition

Built 1978. Completed in 1978, the building is a modernist concrete structure with woodbeam trim and substantial window bays providing an emphasis on open views. Minor Addition is home to the School of Optometry clinics, including the Meredith W. Morgan University Eye Center (Clinic), as well as administrative/staff rooms, and research laboratories and faculty offices.

Building Details

Floors: 5

Accessible entrances: The accessible entrance is located on the south side of the...

Minor Hall

Built 1941. Named for Ralph S. Minor, whose 1903-46 tenure as an optometry professor included a stint as dean of the School of Optometry. Designed by Arthur Brown, Jr. Although the building began life housing mathematics, journalism, and "defense" courses, it was given over to the Radiation Laboratory during the wartime development of the atomic bomb. It was remodeled in 1953 for the exclusive use of the School of Optometry.

Building Details

Floors: 5

Accessible entrances: The...

Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union

Rebuilt 2015. The Student Union, owned by the ASUC Auxiliary, was constructed with funds gained from the sale of the Cal sports teams to the university in 1959. It contains an information center, multicultural center, lounges, a bookstore, restaurants and a pub, an art studio and computer lab. The orignal building was designed by Vernon DeMars, professor of architecture.

Building Details

Floors: 6

Accessible entrances: There are usable entrances on the second floor accessed via a...