Offices

Legends Aquatic Center

Built 2016. The name honors coaching legends at Berkeley like the late Pete Cutino, considered one of the nation’s finest water polo coaches, and the four devoted alumni – Ned Spieker, Rick Cronk, Don Fisher and Warren Hellman, former student-athletes on the Cal men’s swimming and diving and water polo teams. The facility is primarily for the training of Cal’s intercollegiate swimmers, divers and water polo players.

Building Details

[under construction]

Lawrence Hall of Science

Built 1968. Established at UC Berkeley in honor of Ernest O. Lawrence, UC's first Nobel laureate, Lawrence Hall of Science is a resource center for preschool through high school science and mathematics education, and a public science center with hands-on experiences for learners of all ages.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: The main entrance is on the north side, adjacent to the plaza. An automatic opener is provided at this entrance. There are also four exits...

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Built 1931. Founded in 1931 by Ernest Orlando Lawrence as the Berkeley Radiation Laboratory, this U.S. Department of Energy facility is managed by the University of California. Among the 76 buildings nestled in the hills above the UC Berkeley campus is the Advanced Light Source, formerly Lawrence's 184-inch cyclotron, which played a key role in opening the Atomic Age.

Building Details

[under construction]

Koshland Hall

Built 1990. Named for Daniel Koshland, a Berkeley alumnus, biochemistry professor, and longtime editor of Science magazine.

Building Details

Floors: 8

Accessible entrances: Building can be entered on the lower level from the Northwest Parking Facility. There is a usable entrance on the south side of the entry level, 50 feet from the elevators and the main staircase.

Restrooms: Restrooms with side transfer stalls are located on the...

Hesse Hall

Built 1924. Designed by John Galen Howard and named for the Prussian-born founder of the College of Mechanics, Frederick Godfrey Hesse.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: One entrance (to level one) on the north side enters at grade. None of the entrances provides an automatic opener.

Restrooms: Nearest accessible restrooms are either located in McCone or O'Brien.

Fox Cottage (2350 Bowditch)

Built 1930. Staff Ombuds Office.

Building Details

[under construction]

CNMAT (1750 Arch)

Building Details

[under construction]

Architects & Engineers (A&E)

Built in 1929. Originally the Buildings & Grounds building, it was designed by W.P. Stephenson. It now houses the campus planning staff.

Building Details

[under construction]

Academic Achievement Program (2515 Channing)

Building Details

Floors: 2

Year built: 1920

Accessible entrances: In the rear of the building on the northside there is a ramp where the building can be accessed from.

Restrooms: The nearest accessible restroom is located at 2521 Channing Way.

Accessibility features: There is an accessible drinking fountain on the ground floor.

2538A Channing Way

Building Details

Floors: 2

Year built: 1895

Accessible entrances: No accessible entrance.

Restrooms: No accessible restrooms.