Offices

Haas School of Business

Built 1995 & 2018. The Haas School is a mini-campus of four buildings set around a central courtyard. Two classrooms buildings — Cheit Hall and Chou Hall — house lecture halls, flexible classrooms, seminar rooms featuring or state-of-the-art technology. The Haas campus also includes a computer lab, career management center, several event spaces, Think Cafe, and a business library. The first three buildings — the Student Services Building, the Gerson Bakar Faculty Building, and Cheit Hall — were designed by Charles Moore and opened in 1995. Chou Hall was completed in 2018 to focus...

Kroeber Hall

Built 1959. Named for anthropology professor Alfred Kroeber, it houses the Phoebe Hearst Museum of Anthropology and the Worth Ryder Art Gallery, in addition to classroom and office space.

Building Details

Floors: 6

Accessible entrances: The south facing entrance to Bancroft Ave. has an automatic opener and push plates. This entry located on the ground floor is the closest available usable entrance to the museum.

Restrooms: There is a set of usable restrooms on the first floor...

Latimer Hall

Built 1963. Named for Wendell Latimer, dean of the College of Chemistry in the 1940s, the building contains chemistry labs and classrooms. On the plaza southwest of Latimer Hall is a cupola, all that remains of the original chemistry building on campus.

Building Details

Floors: 11

Accessible entrances: The breezeway entrance to the building has usable entrances on both the north and south side of the facility.

Restrooms: There is a set of...

Leconte Hall

Built 1924. This was the site of the world's first atom smasher, built in 1931 by Ernest O. Lawrence, Berkeley's first Nobel laureate. With eight Nobel Prizes in physics held by UC Berkeley faculty and four more awarded to Berkeley alumni, LeConte Hall (designed by John Galen Howard) has been home to an impressive array of Nobel-caliber work. The building was named in honor of brothers John and Joseph LeConte, professors of physics and geology who came to Berkeley in 1866 following a stint running the Confederate powder works during the Civil War. John was university president from...

Li Ka Shing Center

Built 2011. The Li Ka-shing Center for Biomedical and Health Sciences will make a huge contribution to the advancement of medical research. The facility houses computer scientists, biologists, physicists, engineers, chemists and mathematicians under one roof and enables a collaborative medical approach towards four key medical issues: stem cell research, infectious diseases including HIV and dengue fever, cancer, and neurosciences including Alzheimer’s disease. Several Nobel prize laureates also work in the center.

Building...

Life Sciences Addition

Built 1988. Part of a major campus drive to improve facilities for biology studies, the six-story LSA houses 46 laboratory suites for advanced biological research.

Building Details

Floors: 7

Accessible entrances: The accessible entrance is located on the north side of the building and it includes an automatic door opener.

Restrooms: No Public restrooms, but all restrooms in the restricted access area have been modified....

McCone Hall

Built 1961. Designed by John Warnecke, McCone Hall houses several academic departments in the earth sciences, as well as the Berkeley Seismological Laboratory, one of the world's foremost centers for the study of earthquakes, and the Earth Sciences and Map Library. It is named for alumnus and former CIA director John McCone.

Building Details

Floors: 7

Accessible entrances: There are three entrances to McCone Hall. The south side ground level entrance is usable...

Morgan Hall

Built 1953. Named for Agnes Fay Morgan, professor of nutrition from 1915-54.

Building Details

Floors: 8

Accessible entrances: The building has four entrances: Three are located on the first floor, and one is located on the ground floor. Two entrances on the first floor did not meet minimum width requirements. All entrances are double doors that open at grade.

Restrooms: Of the four restrooms, two men's and two women's,...

Mulford Hall

Built 1948. Named for Water Mulford, first dean of the School of Forestry, 1914-47. Much of the interior is wood-paneled or covered by planks from native California trees (most donated by lumber companies) or foreign species (most obtained from the 1915 Panama Pacific Exposition).

Building Details

Floors: 5

Accessible entrances: There is an automatic door at the Northwest entrance.

Restrooms: The restrooms on the...

Stanley Hall

Built 2007. Wendell M. Stanley, who won the 1946 Nobel Prize in chemistry, served Berkeley as biochemistry chair (1948-53), virology chair (1958-64), and founder and director of the virus lab (1948-69). Stanley Hall is the Berkeley headquarters for the California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences (QB3). The office and lab complex supports interdisciplinary teaching and research as part of the campus' Health Science Initiative.

Building Details

Floors: 12

...