Public Venue

Minor Hall Addition

Built 1978. Completed in 1978, the building is a modernist concrete structure with woodbeam trim and substantial window bays providing an emphasis on open views. Minor Addition is home to the School of Optometry clinics, including the Meredith W. Morgan University Eye Center (Clinic), as well as administrative/staff rooms, and research laboratories and faculty offices.

Building Details

Floors: 5

Accessible entrances: The accessible entrance is located on the south side of the...

Minor Hall

Built 1941. Named for Ralph S. Minor, whose 1903-46 tenure as an optometry professor included a stint as dean of the School of Optometry. Designed by Arthur Brown, Jr. Although the building began life housing mathematics, journalism, and "defense" courses, it was given over to the Radiation Laboratory during the wartime development of the atomic bomb. It was remodeled in 1953 for the exclusive use of the School of Optometry.

Building Details

Floors: 5

Accessible entrances: The...

Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union

Rebuilt 2015. The Student Union, owned by the ASUC Auxiliary, was constructed with funds gained from the sale of the Cal sports teams to the university in 1959. It contains an information center, multicultural center, lounges, a bookstore, restaurants and a pub, an art studio and computer lab. The orignal building was designed by Vernon DeMars, professor of architecture.

Building Details

Floors: 6

Accessible entrances: There are usable entrances on the second floor accessed via a...

Julia Morgan Hall

Built 1912. Designed by Julia Morgan as Senior Women's Hall, it was paid for entirely by university women and named for Girton College, Cambridge - the first women's college at a university in England. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.

Building Details

Floors: 1

Accessible entrances: None

Restrooms: No accessible restrooms.

Harold E. Jones Child Study Center (2425 Atherton)

Built 1960. University Preschool, Greater Good Science Center.

Building Details

Floors: 1

Accessible entrances: An exterior ramp provides access from the street to the main entrance.

Restrooms: There is one accessible unisex restroom on the classroom side of the facility.

Faculty Club

Built 1903. Designed by distinguished local architect Bernard Maybeck, this rustic Arts and Crafts structure provides dining facilities for faculty members and guests, and temporary residential quarters for visiting professors, members and their guests. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

Building Details

[under construction]

International House

Built 1930. Home to nearly 600 international and U.S. students, I-House aims to foster intercultural respect and understanding by giving students and scholars from many lands a place to live and learn together. Despite considerable community resistance to the idea of mixing different nationalities, races, and genders under one roof, it opened in the midst of Berkeley's fraternity and sorority row in 1930, the first coeducational student residence west of the Mississippi. The building's Moorish-influenced design is by George Kelham.

Building Details

...

Maxwell Family Field and Stadium Garage

440 spaces for public hourly parking. Monthly parking also available.

Building Details

[under construction]

Evans Baseball Diamond

Building Details

[under construction]

Zellerbach Hall

Built 1968. The primary fine arts performance space on campus is named for Isadore and Jennie Zellerbach, who contributed $1 million toward its construction. The 2,100-seat main auditorium has witnessed performances by many of the world's most acclaimed orchestras, vocalists, dance companies, and speakers. There is also a 500-seat Playhouse for smaller productions.

Building Details

Floors: 7

Accessible entrances: Zellerbach Hall's main accessible entrance is located on the...