Built 1950. Named for Clarence L. Cory, dean of the College of Mechanics and a faculty member for almost 40 years, Cory had a fifth floor added in 1985, the exterior of which features a computer chip-inspired design motif. The building houses a state-of-the-art electronic micro-fabrication facility and labs devoted to integrated circuits, lasers, and robotics. Cory has the dubious distinction of being the only site bombed twice by "Unabomber" Theodore Kaczynski in the 1980s.
Accessible entrances: The automatic entries are located on the SW side of the first floor and the NW side of the second floor.
Restrooms: Restrooms with side transfer stalls are located on the first and fifth floors.
Designated waiting area: Level M: The exclusive designated waiting area should be located adjacent to the passenger elevators. Floor 3: The exclusive designated waiting area should be located directly adjacent to the southwest stairwell. The stairwell is located directly across from the passenger elevators. Floor 4: The exclusive designated waiting area should be located inside the southwest stairwell on the landing. The stairwell is located directly across from the passenger elevators. Floor 5: Upon exiting the elevator the exclusive Designated Waiting Area should be located to the right and then down the hall on the left at the first intersection, outside the north west stairwell.
Emergency evacuation cabinet: NW: The emergency evacuation chair is located on the second floor on the left when entering from northwest entance.
Accessibility features: There is a public telephone at a usable height on the first floor. The most usable drinking fountains in the building are on the first floor and the fifth floor.