Built 1903. Built on the site of a natural amphitheater in the hills above campus, with funds donated by William Randolph Hearst, the Greek Theatre was the first building designed by campus architect John Galen Howard to be completed. It was modeled after the theater at Epidaurus, with a few Roman elements thrown in. The 7,200-seat open-air theater has been host to numerous commencements, concerts, plays, speeches by presidents and other luminaries, and Big Game rallies. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
Accessible entrances: The accessible entrance to the Greek Theatre is located on the North Side of the building. It is at the end of a series of cut back ramps starting at street level. For accessible Parking, use drop off at Greek Theatre and the park in the following locations. West Tan Hall Parking, Campanile Parking, Upper Hearst Structure
Restrooms: The accessible restroom is located on the north side of the building, slightly behind the stage. Frequently there are accessible porta-pottys located at the north end for events.