Off Campus

1608 4th St.

Campus Shared Services

Building Details

[under construction]

Stern Hall

Built 1942. This all-female dorm is named for Rosalie Stern, whose husband, Sigmund, served as manager of the Blue and Gold yearbook. It was the first university-owned residence hall for women.

Building Details

[under construction]

Manville Hall

Building Details

[under construction]

International House

Built 1930. Home to nearly 600 international and U.S. students, I-House aims to foster intercultural respect and understanding by giving students and scholars from many lands a place to live and learn together. Despite considerable community resistance to the idea of mixing different nationalities, races, and genders under one roof, it opened in the midst of Berkeley's fraternity and sorority row in 1930, the first coeducational student residence west of the Mississippi. The building's Moorish-influenced design is by George Kelham.

Ida Louise Jackson Graduate House

Built 2002. The first building at UC Berkeley named for an African-American woman — Ida Louise Jackson, daughter of a slave and pioneering educator in both California and her native Deep South.

Building Details

[under construction]

Foothill Residence Halls

Built 1990. Foothill's wood-shingled buildings, surrounded by tall trees, provide views of the Bay and the city of Berkeley from a quiet Northside neighborhood.

Building Details 

[under construction]

Maxwell Family Field and Stadium Garage

440 spaces for public hourly parking. Monthly parking also available.

Building Details

[under construction]

Energy Biosciences Building

Built 2012. Multidisciplinary faculty who are applying modern biology to the production of biofuels are housed in EBB, along with Bioengineering faculty focused on synthetic biology. The Robert J. and Mary Catherine Birgeneau Energy Garden on the south side of the building recognizes Berkeley's ninth chancellor and showcases plants that are potential biofuel feedstocks.

Building Details

[under construction]

Soda Hall

Built 1994. Funded by the Y & H Soda Foundation and named in honor of Y. Charles and Helen Soda as a tribute to their commitment to education in the Bay Area. With classrooms, labs, and offices, Soda Hall was designed with its Computer Science residents in mind: its open alcoves encourage informal interactions among students and faculty, and its labs and offices are grouped to foster a team approach to computing innovation.