Off Campus

Barker Hall

Built 1964. Designed by William Wurster and named for Horace Albert Barker, a biochemist specializing in metabolism.

Building Details

[under construction]

Etcheverry Hall

Built 1964. The first UC-built building on the north side of Hearst Ave., it was named for Bernard Etcheverry, professor of drainage and irrigation and chairman of the department for nearly three decades. It once held a functioning nuclear reactor in its basement and a research wind tunnel, both now dismantled.

Building Details

Floors: 7

Goldman School of Public Policy

Built 1893, 2002. This Tudor-style mansion at 2607 Hearst began life as the Beta Theta fraternity chapter house, and was one of the first buildings in the heavily wooded residential neighborhood on the north border of campus. Among early chapter members were noted architects Charles Keeler (inspiration for Berkeley's famous Hillside Club), John Baker Jr. and Arthur Brown Jr., who singly or together designed Berkeley's City Hall, San Francisco's City Hall and Opera House, and two future expansions for the fraternity chapter house.

Golden Bear Center (1995 University)

Built 1998. Extension, Parking and Transportation, Summer Sessions, Procurement Services, Bluecard, Institute of East Asian Studies, Center for Southeast Asian Studies

Building Details

[under construction]