Off Campus

Math Sciences Research Institute (MSRI)

Built 1982. MSRI's funding sources include the National Science Foundation, foundations, corporations, and more than 90 universities and institutions. The Institute is located on the University of California, Berkeley campus, close to Grizzly Peak, on the hills overlooking Berkeley.

Building Details

[under construction]

Martinez Commons

Built 2012. Located at 2520 Channing Way, Maximo Martinez Commons opened its doors in August 2012, when more than 400 students, mostly sophomores, took up residence in the modern six-story facility built to LED Gold Sustainability standards. The commons is named in memory f Max Martinez, a longtime Berkeley staff member who dedicated his career to helping students, particularly the underprivileged.

Building Details

[under construction]

Legends Aquatic Center

Built 2016. The name honors coaching legends at Berkeley like the late Pete Cutino, considered one of the nation’s finest water polo coaches, and the four devoted alumni – Ned Spieker, Rick Cronk, Don Fisher and Warren Hellman, former student-athletes on the Cal men’s swimming and diving and water polo teams. The facility is primarily for the training of Cal’s intercollegiate swimmers, divers and water polo players.

Building Details

[under construction]

Lawrence Hall of Science

Built 1968. Established at UC Berkeley in honor of Ernest O. Lawrence, UC's first Nobel laureate, Lawrence Hall of Science is a resource center for preschool through high school science and mathematics education, and a public science center with hands-on experiences for learners of all ages.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Built 1931. Founded in 1931 by Ernest Orlando Lawrence as the Berkeley Radiation Laboratory, this U.S. Department of Energy facility is managed by the University of California. Among the 76 buildings nestled in the hills above the UC Berkeley campus is the Advanced Light Source, formerly Lawrence's 184-inch cyclotron, which played a key role in opening the Atomic Age.

Building Details

[under construction]

Koshland Hall

Built 1990. Named for Daniel Koshland, a Berkeley alumnus, biochemistry professor, and longtime editor of Science magazine.

Building Details

Floors: 8

Accessible entrances: Building can be entered on the lower level from the Northwest Parking Facility. There is a usable entrance on the south side of the entry level, 50 feet from the elevators and the main staircase.

Julia Morgan Hall

Built 1912. Designed by Julia Morgan as Senior Women's Hall, it was paid for entirely by university women and named for Girton College, Cambridge - the first women's college at a university in England. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.

Building Details

Floors: 1

Accessible entrances: None

Restrooms: No accessible restrooms.

Harold E. Jones Child Study Center (2425 Atherton)

Built 1960. University Preschool, Greater Good Science Center.

Building Details

Floors: 1

Accessible entrances: An exterior ramp provides access from the street to the main entrance.

Restrooms: There is one accessible unisex restroom on the classroom side of the facility.

Jacobs Hall

Built 2015. Jacobs Hall, hub of the interdisciplinary Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation, contains 24,000 square feet of design studios and maker labs with access to the latest equipment for rapid prototyping and fabrication.

Building Details

[under construction]

Insectary Greenhouse

Building Details

[under construction]