A-D

CNMAT (1750 Arch)

Building Details

[under construction]

Cleary Hall

Built 1992. Across the street from the Unit 3 high-rise residence halls, Cleary Hall is home to two of the campus's residence hall theme programs: Casa Magdalena Mora for Chicano/Latino studies, and the Asian Pacific American theme program. It is named for prize-winning children's book author (and Cal alum) Beverly Cleary.

Building Details

[under construction]

Clark Kerr Campus

Built 1949. Built in 1949 as the California Schools for the Deaf and Blind; became the Clark Kerr Campus in 1986, named in honor of Berkeley's first chancellor. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

Building Details

[under construction]

Architects & Engineers (A&E)

Built in 1929. Originally the Buildings & Grounds building, it was designed by W.P. Stephenson. It now houses the campus planning staff.

Building Details

[under construction]

Anna Head Alumnae Hall

Anna Head Alumnae Hall was built as an assembly hall in 1927 and covers approximately 6,500 square feet of the larger Anna Head School Complex, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located at 2537 Haste Street, it seats up to 160.

Building Details

[under construction]

Academic Achievement Program (2515 Channing)

Building Details

Floors: 2

Year built: 1920

Accessible entrances: In the rear of the building on the northside there is a ramp where the building can be accessed from.

Restrooms: The nearest accessible restroom is located at 2521 Channing Way.

Accessibility features: There is an accessible drinking fountain on the ground floor.

Dwight Way Child Development Center (2427 Dwight)

Building Details

Floors: 1

Year built: 1953

Accessible entrances: There is one accessible entrance located on the east side of the building.

Restrooms: No Public Restroom

Donner Laboratory

Built 1942. The lab was funded by William H. Donner, president of the Donner Steel Corp., who donated money to the university for work in nuclear medicine following his son's death from cancer. The Donner Lab was the world's first center for research in the uses of atomic energy in biology and medicine.

Building Details

Floors: 5

Accessible entrances: There are two accessible entrances. The first is from the east accessible from the Gayley Road. The second is located on the...

Cory Hall

Built 1950. Named for Clarence L. Cory, dean of the College of Mechanics and a faculty member for almost 40 years, Cory had a fifth floor added in 1985, the exterior of which features a computer chip-inspired design motif. The building houses a state-of-the-art electronic micro-fabrication facility and labs devoted to integrated circuits, lasers, and robotics. Cory has the dubious distinction of being the only site bombed twice by "Unabomber" Theodore Kaczynski in the 1980s.

Building Details

Floors: 9...