Etcheverry Hall

Built 1964. The first UC-built building on the north side of Hearst Ave., it was named for Bernard Etcheverry, professor of drainage and irrigation and chairman of the department for nearly three decades. It once held a functioning nuclear reactor in its basement and a research wind tunnel, both now dismantled.

Building Details

Floors: 7

Accessible entrances: There are two entrances to the main level (level three) on the east side of the building usable from the...

Latimer Hall

Built 1963. Named for Wendell Latimer, dean of the College of Chemistry in the 1940s, the building contains chemistry labs and classrooms. On the plaza southwest of Latimer Hall is a cupola, all that remains of the original chemistry building on campus.

Building Details

Floors: 11

Accessible entrances: The breezeway entrance to the building has usable entrances on both the north and south side of the facility.

Restrooms: There is a set of...

Anthropology & Art Practice

Built 1959. It houses the Phoebe Hearst Museum of Anthropology and the Worth Ryder Art Gallery, in addition to classroom and office space.

This building was de-named in recognition of UC Berkeley's commitment to social justice and equity.

Building Details

Floors: 6

Accessible entrances: The south facing entrance to Bancroft Ave. has an automatic opener and push plates. This entry located on the ground floor is the closest available usable entrance to the museum.


Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (2521 Channing Way)

Built 1928. Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE), Institute for Research on Labor and Employment Library. An organized research unit of UC Berkeley, supporting multidisciplinary research about labor and employment relations in California.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: One of the rear entrances is accessible

Restrooms: Restrooms with side transfer stalls are...

Legends Aquatic Center

Built 2016. The name honors coaching legends at Berkeley like the late Pete Cutino, considered one of the nation’s finest water polo coaches, and the four devoted alumni – Ned Spieker, Rick Cronk, Don Fisher and Warren Hellman, former student-athletes on the Cal men’s swimming and diving and water polo teams. The facility is primarily for the training of Cal’s intercollegiate swimmers, divers and water polo players.

Building Details

[under construction]

Lawrence Hall of Science

Built 1968. Established at UC Berkeley in honor of Ernest O. Lawrence, UC's first Nobel laureate, Lawrence Hall of Science is a resource center for preschool through high school science and mathematics education, and a public science center with hands-on experiences for learners of all ages.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: The main entrance is on the north side, adjacent to the plaza. An automatic opener is provided at this entrance. There are also four exits...

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Built 1931. Founded in 1931 by Ernest Orlando Lawrence as the Berkeley Radiation Laboratory, this U.S. Department of Energy facility is managed by the University of California. Among the 76 buildings nestled in the hills above the UC Berkeley campus is the Advanced Light Source, formerly Lawrence's 184-inch cyclotron, which played a key role in opening the Atomic Age.

Building Details

[under construction]

Koshland Hall

Built 1990. Named for Daniel Koshland, a Berkeley alumnus, biochemistry professor, and longtime editor of Science magazine.

Building Details

Floors: 8

Accessible entrances: Building can be entered on the lower level from the Northwest Parking Facility. There is a usable entrance on the south side of the entry level, 50 feet from the elevators and the main staircase.

Restrooms: Restrooms with side transfer stalls are located on the...

Julia Morgan Hall

Built 1912. Designed by Julia Morgan as Senior Women's Hall, it was paid for entirely by university women and named for Girton College, Cambridge - the first women's college at a university in England. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.

Building Details

Floors: 1

Accessible entrances: None

Restrooms: No accessible restrooms.