M-P

Math Sciences Research Institute (MSRI)

Built 1982. MSRI's funding sources include the National Science Foundation, foundations, corporations, and more than 90 universities and institutions. The Institute is located on the University of California, Berkeley campus, close to Grizzly Peak, on the hills overlooking Berkeley.

Building Details

[under construction]

Pimentel Hall

Built 1964. Pimentel's circular lecture hall is on the cutting edge of classroom technology, including a revolving stage that allows multiple professors to teach, clean up, and set up at the same time, so that the room can be used continuously despite the long setup times involved in chemistry lectures.

Building Details

Floors: 2

Accessible entrances: There are two entrances to the building. The main entrance that faces west is usable...

McLaughlin Hall

Built 1931. Named for Donald McLaughlin, a professor at Harvard and Berkeley, first dean of engineering (1941-43), UC Regent (1951-67), and Peruvian gold mining tycoon. The building was designed by George Kelham and houses the main offices of the College of Engineering.

Building Details

Floors: 6

Accessible entrances: The building is only usable through the adjacent O'Brien Breezeway entrance, which provides an automatic opener and leads to level two of McLaughlin Hall....

Morrison Hall

Built 1958. May T. Morrison, class of 1878, left money for this building in her will, as well as for the Morrison Library in Doe.

Building Details

[under construction]

Magnes Collection of Jewish Art and Life (2121 Allston Way)

An archive, library and museum holdings include art, objects, texts, music, and historical documents about the Jews in the Global Diaspora and the American West.

Building Details

[under construction]

Oxford Research Unit

Building Details

[under construction]

Old Art Gallery

Built 1904. Designed by John Galen Howard and originally a steam plant before being moved to its present site, the building is destined to be restored as an intimate musical performance and rehearsal space. The exterior is noted for its WPA mosaic murals depicting stret musicians and artisans.

Building Details

[under construction]

Office of Public Affairs

Built 1974. A bike shop and a bank in former lives; now home to the Berkeleyan newspaper, web NewsCenter, Media Relations, and other communications operations.

Building Details

[under construction]

Moses Hall

Built 1931. Named for Bernard Moses, history professor from 1876-1930. The George Kelham-designed building started life as Eshleman Hall, home of the Daily Cal, before it was sold to the Regents in 1959 and renamed.

Building Details

Floors: 6

Accessible entrances: There is a usable entrance located on the east side of the first floor.

Restrooms: The only usable restrooms are on the first floor. Location: First Floor: one across the hall...