South-East Campus

Stephens Hall

Built 1923. The building, which formerly served as the Student Union, was designed in Collegiate Gothic style by John Galen Howard and named for Henry Morse Stephens, a professor and student adviser.

Building Details

[under construction]

Berkeley Law Building

Built 1966. Originally the name of Durant Hall, which housed the law school before it moved to the southeast corner of campus. Elizabeth Joyce Boalt gave $100,000 in memory of her husband, Judge John Henry Boalt, and 40 state lawyers and judges contributed to make it the "best law school west of the Rockies."

Building Details

Floors: 11

Cheit Hall

Built 1995. Located within the Haas School of Business.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: There are two accessible entrances. The first floor entrance is on the west side and the second floor entrance is located on the east side of the building.

Restrooms: All restrooms in the building are usable.

Calvin Laboratory

Built 1964. Melvin Calvin, molecular biology professor, won the 1961 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his work on photosynthesis. He designed a round lab so that everyone's office would open onto a central room, thus generating creative interaction.

Building Details

[under construction]

Archaeological Research Facility

Located at 2251 College, the Archaeological Research Facility once housed Zeta Psi, the oldest fraternity west of the Misissippi River.

Building Details

[under construction]

2240 Piedmont Ave.

Center for the Study of Law and Society, Legal Studies undergraduate major department, Jurisprudence and Social Policy PhD program

Building Details

[under construction]

2224 Piedmont Ave.

Built 1909. Center for Digital Archaeology

Building Details

[under construction]

Morrison Hall

Built 1958. May T. Morrison, class of 1878, left money for this building in her will, as well as for the Morrison Library in Doe.

Building Details

[under construction]

Simon Hall

Built 1966. Once a residence hall for law students, it now houses offices for faculty, student organizations, and student publications.

Building Details

Floors: 9

Accessible entrances: The entrance on the south end of the building has a ramp and is equipped with an automatic door.

Restrooms: The mens and women's restrooms on the second floor are located in the north end of Simon Hall. Both are single user.