Haas School of Business

Built 1995 & 2018. The Haas School is a mini-campus of four buildings set around a central courtyard. Two classrooms buildings — Cheit Hall and Chou Hall — house lecture halls, flexible classrooms, seminar rooms featuring or state-of-the-art technology. The Haas campus also includes a computer lab, career management center, several event spaces, Think Cafe, and a business library. The first three buildings — the Student Services Building, the Gerson Bakar Faculty Building, and Cheit Hall — were designed by Charles Moore and opened in 1995. Chou Hall was completed in 2018 to focus...

Energy Biosciences Building

Built 2012. Multidisciplinary faculty who are applying modern biology to the production of biofuels are housed in EBB, along with Bioengineering faculty focused on synthetic biology. The Robert J. and Mary Catherine Birgeneau Energy Garden on the south side of the building recognizes Berkeley's ninth chancellor and showcases plants that are potential biofuel feedstocks.

Building Details

[under construction]

Greek Theatre

Built 1903. Built on the site of a natural amphitheater in the hills above campus, with funds donated by William Randolph Hearst, the Greek Theatre was the first building designed by campus architect John Galen Howard to be completed. It was modeled after the theater at Epidaurus, with a few Roman elements thrown in. The 7,200-seat open-air theater has been host to numerous commencements, concerts, plays, speeches by presidents and other luminaries, and Big Game rallies. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

Building Details...

Hildebrand Hall

Built 1966. Named after Joel Hildebrand, longtime chemistry professor and dean, and the inventor of Chem-1A's fabled Big Game Titration. The building houses graduate research laboratories, undergraduate teaching labs, and the chemistry library.

Building Details

Floors: 7

Accessible entrances: There are two entrances to Hildebrand. The first is the breezway accessible from the south. The second is the library and its entrance on the western side of the building....

Haas Pavilion

Built 1999. Built in 1933 as Harmon Gym; reconstructed in 1999 as Haas Pavilion, a state-of-the-art basketball arena and sports facility that preserved the intimacy, noise level, and intimidating home-court advantage of its predecessor. The 12,000-seat complex is named in honor of Walter A. Haas, Jr.

Building Details

Floors: 6

Accessible entrances: There are two exterior entrances to the basement level on the north side, and a main entrance on the east side. The main east facing entrance is usable...

Henry H. Wheeler Brain Imaging Center

Built 1998. The Henry H. "Sam" Wheeler, Jr. Brain Imaging Center (BIC) houses one of the most powerful human research functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) system in the United States. The 4 tesla magnet provides an opportunity for research collaboration in functional neuroimaging among diverse fields. Data are analyzed at the Judy & John Webb Neuroimaging Computational Facility also housed on the Berkeley campus.

Building Details

[under construction]

Main (Gardner) Stacks

Building Details

[under construction]

Harold E. Jones Child Study Center (2425 Atherton)

Built 1960. University Preschool, Greater Good Science Center.

Building Details

Floors: 1

Accessible entrances: An exterior ramp provides access from the street to the main entrance.

Restrooms: There is one accessible unisex restroom on the classroom side of the facility.

Hilgard Hall

Built 1917. Designed by John Galen Howard, this was one of the first campus buildings to acknowledge the city of Berkeley (by attempting to face both inward and outward at the same time). It was named for Eugene Hilgard, an agriculture professor who founded the University Agricultural Experimental Station. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: The usable entrance is located on the east side at the bottom of a steep exterior ramp...

Hesse Hall

Built 1924. Designed by John Galen Howard and named for the Prussian-born founder of the College of Mechanics, Frederick Godfrey Hesse.

Building Details

Floors: 4

Accessible entrances: One entrance (to level one) on the north side enters at grade. None of the entrances provides an automatic opener.

Restrooms: Nearest accessible restrooms are either located in McCone or O'Brien.